Inclusive of all taxes
Whey protein powder is often regarded as the building block for athletes, bodybuilders, and those into health and fitness in general. There are various options available for the best protein powders in the market and also protein shakes. However, when it comes to the best protein powder for weight gain or even for muscle building, then whey protein is what stands out.
What is Whey Protein?
When we talk of the best protein powder for weight loss or even the best whey protein online, we refer to an element which has become indispensable for fitness enthusiasts today. Milk, as we know it, has 20% of whey (the liquid portion) and 80% is casein protein which is the curdled part. The liquid portion goes through multiple procedures such as spray drying and ultra-microfiltration in order to obtain the whey protein powder. Protein is a vital macronutrient which makes up the part of the muscles, bones, blood, brain, hormones, and enzymes. The inclusion of whey protein into our dietary regime is a great way to ensure a source of protein that is rich in nutrients while ensuring better health and wellbeing at the same time.
Benefits & Uses Of Whey Protein
Whey protein is what comes to mind when we often think of the best protein powder for women or the best protein powder for men. Why is this so? Here are some of the biggest benefits offered by whey protein.
Superior muscle development-
Whey protein isolate or whey protein concentrate can help in muscle development. Whey protein comes with all the nine crucial amino acids and Leucine is the one that is present in abundant quantities in the same. Leucine is known as an anabolic amino acid and enables the superior growth and development of muscles.
Better muscle recovery-
After a hardcore workout, protein is required by the body for repairing damaged muscles and also for overall recovery. Whey protein shakes can work to aid recovery owing to their glutamine and BCAA content.
Whey protein can be digested easily by the body and this ensures faster supply of crucial amino acids and other vital nutrients alike.
Better weight loss-
Those targeting weight loss and maintenance of a healthy weight level can also consume whey protein for better results in this regard. Protein requires longer metabolization time in comparison to fats and carbohydrates. Hence, whey protein combats any sudden cravings and keeps the stomach fuller for longer durations, while also controlling the appetite hormones simultaneously.
Whey protein comes with multiple elements for antibody-creation. They combat various kinds of infections, ailments, and also boost immune cell growth. Whey protein also scales up Glutathione production. This is an antioxidant which helps quicken recovery and also combats oxidative stress along with inflammation.
Improved bone health-
Bone health is another vital parameter where whey protein works wonders. It helps in stimulating bone cell growth through the activation of osteoblasts.
Types of Whey protein
If you buy whey protein, then you should know about its different types. These include the following:
- Whey Protein Concentrate– This has protein concentration hovering around 80 to 85% in addition to carbohydrates in the lactose form, fats, and minerals.
- Whey Protein Isolate– This is additionally processed, meaning that it has lower fat content and lactose levels are also lower. It has 90% protein concentration while being more digestible and safer for those even with mild intolerance towards lactose.
- Whey Protein Hydrolyzed- This has the chains of peptides breaking down into amino acids individually, and the body can digest them seamlessly. 90% of pure whey protein is usually contained in such forms.
How to choose the right Whey Protein for you?
Before choosing to buy 1kg protein powder or other quantities online, make sure you choose the right type of whey protein for your needs. You should first chalk out your daily requirements of protein and your fitness objectives alike. Hydrolyzed whey and isolate are considered as better choices for those into intense workouts for building a leaner and more shredded body. Those looking to gain mass/weight should choose whey concentrate. The first two options are also better for those with lactose intolerance.
Which Protein is Better? Whey Protein or Whey Isolate
Whey protein isolate is filtered from whey protein and whey protein concentrate has around 80% protein, minerals, vitamins, and fats. The isolate has the vitamins, fats, and carbohydrates removed, making it a pure protein source. If you are seeking faster recovery and healthier muscles, then isolate could also be a better pick. If you are looking for faster digestion and a comparatively low-lactose option, then isolate is also the best option. The concentrate form is better for gaining mass.
How to use Whey Protein?
You can consume whey protein with milk or water. When taken with milk, the timeline for digestion increases, since milk has casein, whey, and other nutrients as well. Whey protein is advisable with water after a heavy workout, since it will lower absorption and digestion timelines alike. If you are taking it between meals, with breakfast or as a midday item, you can use whey protein powder with some skimmed milk. It is also a good beverage before bedtime for those seeking faster muscle recovery.
Where to buy Whey Protein?
You should buy your whey protein at Primefitt, which is the best one-stop solution for your sports nutrition requirements. Primefitt offers authentic products which come directly from the manufacturers/brands and their authorised distributors. It also offers free and fast delivery for customers. You can also gain more knowledge about the various types of whey protein available and get insights on the best options for your needs here.
Which is the Best Whey Proteins Brand of 2022?
When it come to choosing the best whey protein brand for 2022, several names come to mind:
- MuscleBlaze- This is a leading sports nutrition brand that was founded in 2012 and is famous for its whey protein products that are highly effective and safe as well.
- Optimum Nutrition (ON)- This is a leading sports nutrition brand that started its journey in 1986 and has won several awards as well. It offers high-quality whey protein powder for men and women alike.
- Ultimate Nutrition- Ultimate Nutrition is a leading sports nutrition company which was founded in 1979. It offers top-class supplements in several segments including whey protein, mass gainers, weight gainers, Creatine, and a lot more.
- MuscleTech- This brand was formed in 1995 and has already become one of the most reputed names not just in India, but also worldwide. The brand offers the best whey protein online across several quantities and prices.
- GNC- GNC is synonymous with cutting-edge sports nutrition, advanced production technologies and superior formulations and ingredients. It has always been associated with healthy living and offers some of the most acclaimed whey protein supplements for its customers.
- Dymatize- Dymatize is another trusted global brand that offers scientifically researched and tested supplements for backing athletes and bodybuilders alike. It has 100% whey protein products which are easy to absorb and digest, while also being completely Gluten-free.
Is Whey Protein safe to use?
Whey protein can be safely consumed, provided it is not taken in excessive amounts. The dosage of the same should be based on actual requirements on a daily basis. Excessive dosages may lead to indigestion and discomfort for those with gut problems. Lactose intolerant individuals should opt for whey protein isolate or hydrolyzed varieties. Women who are lactating or pregnant should be careful before consuming these supplements. They should first consult their doctors before going ahead with the same. Supplements should always be purchased from genuine and authentic manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors. Primefitt is one of the best places to explore in this regard.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are whey protein supplements actually necessary?
Our bodies will naturally require protein on a regular basis although our daily requirements depend on our activity levels, gender, height, weight, and age among other factors. Athletes have a higher daily requirement of protein which is difficult to cover through dietary and other sources. Whey protein supplements help in filling up this gap, ensuring a reliable source of pure protein for the body.
- Are there any steroids in whey protein supplements?
Whey protein powder should be completely free of any banned elements or steroids. Yet, you should always check the labels carefully and verify the authenticity of products. You should purchase certified and genuine products from authorised and reliable sellers/distributors/manufacturers.
- Is whey protein alright for those with diabetes?
Whey protein is safe for those who have diabetes. It may actually help with the stabilisation of blood glucose and prevent any spikes or shifts. Yet, one should always consult a doctor before consuming whey protein, in case of any other complications like kidney issues, uric acid, gout, and so on.
- When should you consume whey protein?
You should ideally take it right after your workout with water. If you are looking at consuming between meals or with your breakfast, then you can take it with skimmed milk.
- Can whey protein be taken by those on the ketogenic diet plan?
Those on ketogenic diet plans can mostly consume whey protein which is a natural fit for their needs, offering high protein and minimal carbohydrate content alike.
- What is the PDCAAS value in case of whey protein?
This means the protein digestibility corrected amino acid score or PDCAAS value. The value for whey protein stands at 1 and this was based on the system created in 1989 by the WHO and FAO for measuring the value for human nutritional needs.
- Can lactose intolerant people go for whey protein?
Those with slight intolerance levels may choose whey protein hydrolyzed or isolate varieties. However, those with higher intolerance levels may choose alternative options to whey protein.
- What do we mean by whey protein concentrate?
This is a specific type of whey protein powder or supplement which has higher lactose but lower carbohydrates and fats.
- Which type of whey protein has the highest protein content?
The whey protein isolate form has the highest levels of protein content, although all whey protein types are good sources in this regard.
- Can whey protein help with weight loss?
Yes, whey protein may help with weight loss, if it is combined with workouts on a regular basis. It will keep you fuller for longer, while suppressing hunger pangs and your appetite as well. It will also help you build muscle, thereby eliminating fat and helping maintain a healthy weight level.